Locaion: Pretoria, Cape Town, Polokwane and Durban
Closing Date: 15 March 2012
CSIR Consulting and Analytical Services (CAS) unit has vacancies for Interns in the engineering and science domains. These one-year fixed-term contracts are open to recent graduates who require practical work experience. Vacancies are based in Pretoria, Cape Town, Polokwane and Durban.
Applicants need to indicate the disciplines that they are applying for:
- Water and sanitation
- Infrastructure engineering
- Infrastructure asset management
- Project management
- Laboratory analysis (organic and inorganic chemistry)
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a national diploma in an engineering- or chemistry-related field relevant to the above areas of internship.
- Less than one year of work experience.
- Able to function independently within a team-based environment.
- South Africa citizens.
Applicants are required to include the following in their application:
- A covering letter indicating which discipline internship is applied for and the geographic area (city) they are able to work in.
- A copy of a national diploma or degree along with an academic transcript and Grade 12 results.
- A copy of an ID document.
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 300978; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
Closing date: 15 March 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at [email protected]. Please DO NOT submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the
organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit
and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the
handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves
the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.