Closing Date : 25 May 2012
The CSIR Shared Services Finance has vacancies for two (2) Financial Internship and / or
In-Service Trainee to gain financial experience in the following sections: Accounts
Receivable; Accounts Payable; and Assets and General Ledger. The successful candidates
will rotate within the financial administrative functions within the financial shared services
- Accounts Receivable: Generate invoices to customers upon receipt of an approved request, and make follow-ups on all outstanding debtor accounts.
- Accounts Payable: Review supplier invoices for validity against VAT legislation and CSIR policies and procedures; process supplier invoices to effect payment to suppliers; reconcile supplier accounts; and make follow-ups on all outstanding items.
- Assets: Perform asset counts and make follow-ups on all discrepancies including possible redundant assets, asset register maintenance including processing of new assets, movements between custodians, write-offs etc.; and label and assign new assets to custodians.
- General Ledger: Allocate costs; process journals; reconcile general ledger account; make follow-ups on all outstanding items; and reconcile all employee subsistence and travel claims for cost allocation and capturing.
Qualifications and skills:
- Internship: A BCom degree.
- In-Service Trainee: Studying towards a BCom degree or a National Diploma for which practical experience is a requirement in obtaining the qualification
- Basic computer literacy.
- Mathematical and analytical ability.
- Record-keeping skills.Ability to work accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge on VAT.
- General knowledge on double-entry accounting concepts of debits and credits and different methods of accounting including cash and accrual basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and the need for policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in teams is essential.
- Problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 301237; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
Closing date: 25 May 2012
PLEASE NOTE PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY AND THAT THE IN-SERVICE TRAINING IS 18 MONTHS AND INTERNSHIP IS 12 MONTHS. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK FULL TIME – THAT IS 5 DAYS A WEEK.