Closing date: 31 May 2013
About the job:
The CSIR Shared Services Finance has vacancies for a Financial Internship and / or In-Service Trainee to gain financial experience in the following sections: Accounts Receivable; Accounts Payable; and Assets and General Ledger. The successful candidate will rotate within the financial administrative functions within the financial shared services group.
- Accounts Receivable: Generate invoices to customers upon receipt of an approved request, and make follow-ups on all outstanding debtor accounts.
- Accounts Payable: Review supplier invoices for validity against VAT legislation and CSIR policies and procedures; process supplier invoices to effect payment to suppliers; reconcile supplier accounts; and make follow-ups on all outstanding items.
- Assets: Perform asset counts and make follow-ups on all discrepancies including possible redundant assets, asset register maintenance including processing of new assets, movements between custodians, write-offs etc.; and label and assign new assets to custodians.
- General Ledger: Allocate costs; process journals; reconcile general ledger account; make follow-ups on all outstanding items; and reconcile all employee subsistence and travel claims for cost allocation and capturing.
Qualifications and skills:
- Internship: A BCom degree.
- In-Service Trainee: Studying towards a BCom degree or a National Diploma for which practical experience is a requirement in obtaining the qualification
- Basic computer literacy.
- Mathematical and analytical ability.
- Record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge on VAT.
- General knowledge on double-entry accounting concepts of debits and credits and different methods of accounting including cash and accrual basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and the need for policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in teams is essential.
- Problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.