|Human Language Technology Graduate / Intern / Trainee
- Minimum qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: electronic engineering, computer engineering, computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, applied mathematics.
- Minimum other competence required:
- Technical: programming skills in at least one programming language, as well as experience in working within the Linux OS and OpenSource environment
- IT: good computer skills, specifically related to word-processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Interpersonal: the ability to work well in a creative scientific environment as part of a team, with a good fit with the culture of the organisation (e.g. working on various projects simultaneously, contributing to an innovative research and development environment, positively influencing team work, etc.)
- Language: full spoken and written proficiency in English
- Preferred/recommended requirements:
- Experience: participation in a relevant project (see list of research areas above) from conception to completion with responsibility for ensuring allocated activities are completed on time, on brief and on budget
- Technical: programming skills in a variety of programming languages, especially C, C++, Python or Perl
- IT: Experience in environments like Matlab, Statistica, R, etc.
- Language: knowledge of or fluency in any official South African language(s) and/or language(s) spoken in Africa.
Apply for the CSIR Human Language Technology Graduate / Internship Programme