Closing Date: 17 October 2014
CSIR: HR Internship Programme 2015 (304673)
- A national diploma in Human Resource Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Must have a desire to learn
Apply for CSIR HR Graduate/Internship programme 2015
CSIR: Human Language Technology Research Group Internship Programme 2015 (304343)
- Minimum qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: electronic engineering, computer engineering, computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, applied mathematics.
- Minimum other competence required:
- Technical: programming skills in at least one programming language, as well as experience in working within the Linux OS and OpenSource environment
- IT: good computer skills, specifically related to word-processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Interpersonal: the ability to work well in a creative scientific environment as part of a team, with a good fit with the culture of the organisation (e.g. working on various projects simultaneously, contributing to an innovative research and development environment, positively influencing team work, etc.)
- Language: full spoken and written proficiency in English
- Preferred/recommended requirements:
- Experience: participation in a relevant project (see list of research areas above) from conception to completion with responsibility for ensuring allocated activities are completed on time, on brief and on budget
- Technical: programming skills in a variety of programming languages, especially C, C++, Python or Perl
- IT: Experience in environments like Matlab, Statistica, R, etc.
- Language: knowledge of or fluency in any official South African language(s) and/or language(s) spoken in Africa.
Apply for CSIR Human Language Technology Research Group Graduate/Internship programme 2015
CSIR: national Centre for Nano-Structured Materials Internship Programme 2015 (303904)
- Must have one of the following:
- National Diploma or BTech in Chemical Engineering, in polymer science and/or polymer processing, Polymer Technology or Materials Science, or Polymer Technology or Materials Science OR
- BSc or BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry and Physiology OR
- BSc(Hons) in Chemistry or Physics or Materials Science
- Any experience of the following will also be an advantage:
- Industrial experience in chemical plan operation, compounding or polymer processing or synthesis
- CAD / industrial drawing experience
- Expertise in hands-on running of characterization equipment, either electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), x-ray instruments (XRD), optical instruments (FTIR, PL etc), polymer characterization instruments (TGA, DMA, DSC, Rheometry etc).
Apply for CSIR National Centre for Nano-Structured materials Graduate/Internship programme 2015