Closing Date: 09 May 2014
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or public relations.
To assist the Marketing Coordinator with the following:
- Source photographer/s; have images taken; and maintain stock of images of the centre to be used in marketing material.
- Source suppliers for marketing and public relations material.
- Maintain brand catalogue.
- Maintain a record of all advertising and press coverage.
- Assist all marketing staff with planning and implementing own events and other promotional activities.
- Monitor and manage brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients, for example:
- Food station signage;
- Telephones for client use;
- Venue signage; and
- E-mail signatures.
- Keep a record of advertising and check proofs.
- Maintain and update content of own website and third party Internet adverts.
- Prepare exhibition stand for trade shows.
- Assist with promotions, for example, annual year-planner, regular Facebook and Twitter updates, etc.
- Source information on publications in each target market for advertising; maintain database; and provide report as input to Marketing and Sales Plan.
- Maintain library of copies of industry publications.
- Assist with other marketing functions as and when required.
- Conceptualize and write at least one press release a month.
- Conceptualize and implement CSI projects.
- Monitor the media daily for ICC mentions.
- Responsible for monthly stock take of marketing material.
- Responsible for internal communication, for example, update canteen bulletin boards regularly.
- Knowledge of the marketing environment surrounding the conference industry.
- Writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of brand application.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills are very important.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Awareness of industry trends and innovative marketing methods as contribution to Marketing & Sales Plan, for example, social network e-Marketing.
- Candidates meeting the stipulated requirements and who are interested in this post should submit their CV, motivation letter and academic record.
How To Apply
Apply for the CSIR In-service Training opportunity