Closing Date: 17 October 2014
CSIR Biosciences unit has a vacancy for an In-service Trainee in the Protein Technologies (PT) competency area. Bio-manufacturing Industry Development Centre (BIDC) is a sub-division within the PT area which focuses on translation of research into market-ready products and technologies. The BIDC works closely with SMMEs to develop market-ready products and to support their entry into the market. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating market and business development, technology and product development, manufacturing and marketing among others. Technical work would involve detailed planning and execution of experimental work under supervision in the following disciplines:
- Technology and process development
- Product development
- Analytical chemistry
This position is based in Pretoria.
- Design, plan and execute experiments under supervision.
- Execute work beyond normal working hours and on shift teams.
- In-depth analysis and objective interpretation of data under supervision.
- Contribute to writing reports and manuscripts.
- Contribute to presenting data in a poster format or orally.
- Operational responsibilities including, infrastructure, equipment, GLP and SHE.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A completion of at least two years’ theoretical component of a national diploma in one of the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of theory, with the ability to apply knowledge will be an advantage.
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment.
The following competencies are critical for this position:
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Integrity and lateral thinking ability; and
- Knowledge and appreciation of a cross-disciplinary project team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute across the boundaries imposed by classical scientific disciplines.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.