Closing Date: 24 November 2013
About the job:
The BIDC at CSIR Biosciences is focused on translation of research into market-ready products and technologies. The BIDC works closely with SMMEs to develop market-ready products and to support their entry into the market. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating market and business development, technology and product development, manufacturing and marketing among others. Technical work would involve detailed planning and execution of experimental work under supervision in the following disciplines:
- Quality assurance
- Technology and process development
- Product development
- Public relations/marketing
- Analytical chemistry
- Project administration and management
- Procurement and logistics
- Design, plan and execute experiments under supervision.
- In-depth analysis and objective interpretation of data under supervision.
- Contribute to writing reports and manuscripts.
- Contribute to presenting data in a poster format or orally.
- Operational responsibilities including, infrastructure, equipment, GLP and SHE.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- The minimum education qualification will be the completion of at least two years’ theoretical component of a national diploma in one of the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate and in-depth understanding of theory, with ability to apply knowledge will be given preference.
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment.
- The following competencies are critical for this position:
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Integrity and lateral thinking ability; and
- Knowledge and appreciation of a cross-disciplinary project team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute across the boundaries imposed by classical scientific disciplines.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.