Closing date:19 July 2013
About the job:
The CSIR: Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) has an opportunity for some learning position for an Intern Secretary in the Human Resources (HR) department within DPSS.
- Assist with diary management of the HR Manager.
- Provide administrative support to the HR group which includes:
- Office administration including reception duties and fax management;
- Making travel arrangements for group (local and international);
- Filing (update and maintain current filing system);
- Minute-taking and preparing agendas;
- Screening phone calls and incoming correspondence;
- Arranging and coordinating functions, visits, meetings and information sessions;
- Gathering, preparing and collating information;
- Ordering of stationeryand maintaining levels of stock; and
- Responsible for general non-technical procurement support.
Requirements and qualifications:
- A Secretarial diploma or an equivalent three-year qualification.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages.
- South African citizenship is necessary as a Security Clearance is required for this position.
- Exposure to Open Source package advantageous.
- Exposure to current CSIR systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, e-Procure, etc.) will be advantageous.
- Responsible time management and the ability to do work accurately and meticulously.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills.
- Fluent and competent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
How to Apply