Closing Date: 30 April 2014
CSIR Consulting and Analytical Services (CAS) unit has vacancies for eight Interns in the Microbiology and Inorganic Environmental laboratories. These one-year fixed-term contract positions are open to recent graduates who require practical work experience.
- A minimum of a national diploma in analytical chemistry, chemistry, microbiology, biotechnology or related fields.
- A copy of a national diploma or Bachelor’s degree along with an academic transcript and Grade 12 results.
- A copy of an ID document.
- Prepare samples for analysis.
- Conduct analyses using analytical instrumentation.
- Meet laboratory requirements in terms of quality and productivity.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and well under pressure.
- Reliable and possess a good work ethic.
- Computer literacy and competency in MS Office.
How to Apply