The CSIR Meraka Institute is a national strategic initiative that contributes to enhancing quality of life and economic competitiveness in South Africa and the continent through ICT by
- researching and developing new technology that enables ICT access, inclusion and use;
- researching, developing and transferring innovative ICT products, processes and services into the market;
- researching, developing, building and operating world-class cyberinfrastructure; and
- contributing skills and outcomes that are changing the profile of our ICT landscape.
Requirements for the position:
Minimum qualifications required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: electronic engineering, computer engineering, computer science,;
Minimum other competence required:
- Technical: programming skills in at least one programming language, as well as experience in working within the Linux OS and Open-Source environment;
- IT: good computer skills, specifically related to word-processing, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Interpersonal: the ability to work well in a creative scientific environment as part of a team, with a good fit with the culture of the organisation (e.g. working on various projects simultaneously, contributing to an innovative research and
development environment, positively influencing team work, etc.);
- Language: spoken and written proficiency in English.
- Experience: participation in a relevant project from conception to completion with responsibility for ensuring allocated activities are completed on time, on brief and on budget;
- Technical: programming skills in a variety of programming languages, especially C, C++, Python or Perl.
More Information: http://www.csir.co.za/vacancies/pdf/2011/Ref_300641_edited_Intern_N&M_EW_1x.pdf
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 300641; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
Closing date: 09 December 2011
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES