Closing Date: 14 July 2014
The CSIR’s intern programme aims to provide newly-qualified professionals with the opportunity to gain in-service training at the CSIR, one of South Africa’s leading research organizations. CSIR Information Services (CSIRIS) invites newly-qualified professionals to apply for a Library and Information Science Internship. This contract position is for a period of 12 months.
- A first diploma or degree in library/information science
- Computer literacy
- Experience in using library web 2.0 technologies will be an advantage (at least one year)
- Perform intermediary tasks such as literature searches, reference interviews and dissemination of information (making use of Sabinet, the Internet and an up-to-date range of electronic resources such as journal platforms)
- Scan, analyse subject literature
- Build effective relationships with internal clients
- Use technology to develop innovative services and products
- Gain sound knowledge of the administrative tasks that form the backbone of an effective information service to scientists
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem solving skills; and
- Project management skills.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.