Closing date: 24 April 2013
About the job:
The CSIR’s intern programme aims to provide newly-qualified professionals with the opportunity to gain in-service training at the CSIR, one of South Africa’s leading research organisations. CSIR Information Services (CSIRIS) in Pretoria invites newly-qualified professionals to apply for a Library and Information Science Internship. This contract position is for a period of 12 months.
- Analyse and index published subject literature.
- Populate either of our institutional repositories using either DSpace or Inmagic.
- Scan, analyse and index research reports.
- Assist in implementing the disposal process within the archives.
- Index archival records.
- Catalogue books.
- Weed the book collection.
- Circulate journals.
- Conduct enquiry desk duties.
- Request and fill inter library loans.
- Search for and order difficult to trace documents.
- Fulfill general library duties, such as shelving.
- Participate in creating an inviting work space.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A first diploma or degree in library/information science
- Practical/experiential work during studies
- Computer literacy skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at [email protected] Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
How to Apply: