Closing Date: 21 May 2014
The CSIR: Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit has an exciting position for an Intern in the Aeronautic Systems competency area. The competency area works on the design and analysis of aeronautical systems.
- A minimum of a national diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Manufacture cutting templates for composite materials.
- Cut composite materials using the templates.
- Responsible for the wet lay-up of (brushing or rolling resin onto) composite materials for unmanned aircraft.
- Mould vacuum bagging and infusion (includes painting, waxing, cleaning moulds, etc.).
- Hand-finishing of CNC patterns. These patterns are blocks of moulding material cut to a particular shape by machine that needs to be sanded smoothly.
- Mould composite manufacture from CNC patterns.
- Oversee CNC machine operation and possibly program and set up the CNC machine.
- Run the laser cutter.
- Run a 4-axis foam cutting.
- Assist with lab OHS compliance.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.