Closing Date: 20 May 2014
The Facilities Management unit has a vacancy for an Internship: Project Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will assist and support the Facilities Management Project Managers with the overall implementation and quality control of projects. He or she will further assist with compiling schematic layout drawings as per the scope of the work, before project costing can be finalized, as well as compiling payment certificates with contractors before invoices are submitted to the project manager for approval and payment.
- National Technical Certificate / Diploma / Degree in building science.
- Liaison with clients to define project brief
- Obtain quotes
- Project management
- Manage project finances
- Quality control
- Liaise with contractors
- Manage or assist in any project as identified by the Project Manager or the Manager: Property and Projects Portfolio
- Ensure consistent quality of work
- Must be willing to be guided by the team and also to apply theory to practice.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic.
- Must become integrated into team that is result driven.
- Must be willing to become part of a team that:
- Meets expectations of clients
- Meets deadlines and budget
- Delivers quality projects and is consistent in their delivery.
How to Apply
Apply for the CSIR Project Coordinator Internship Programme 2015