Closing Date: 28 May 2013
About the job:
CSIR Shared Services unit has a vacancy for a Quality Internship. The incumbent’s role will be to assist with operational efficiency and effectiveness in the Quality Promotions unit. S/he will be responsible for facilitating and assisting in the development and implementation of quality management practices and system tools aimed at achieving statutory requirements, CSIR policies, international best practice and where applicable compliance and certification to international standards.
- Facilitate the implementation of QMS requirements according to planned arrangements with the Systems Design and Development Manager.
- Facilitate the documentation of processes and procedures.
- Monitor and report on the progress on implementation initiatives in the units, as guided by the project plan.
- Assist in developing an annual Management System Internal Audit Plan.
- Assist in the management of Preventive and Corrective Action ensuring that all related actions are duly implemented at all relevant sites.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s or BTech degree in quality, systems engineering, science or other related qualification.
- Exposure to an ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and/or certified or accredited environment is an advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Analytical skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Communication skills.
How to Apply