Closing Date: 25 May 2012
Agrément South Africa is an agency function within CSIR Built Environment and has a
vacancy for an Intern: Technical Evaluator. The agency’s primary business is to guide and
evaluate projects of certification through evaluation and testing process to ensure that client (processes, products, systems, services, etc.) meet fit for purpose criteria. It has a reporting line to the Department of Public Works. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Support and assist senior staff with assessment processes – ensuring that all processes are completed within the specified budget, brief and timeframe.
- Solve less sophisticated technical and/or scientific Agrėment related problems.
- Assist with the compilation of Board and Technical Committee documentation.
- Under supervision, assist the senior staff to undertake evaluation of client’s (service / product/system / etc.) for fit for purpose assessment.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, construction management, quantity surveying, building science or any of the built environment disciplines.
- Demonstrated track record of the ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to function independently and within a team.
- Adherence to quality management principles.
- Must have knowledge of administrative duties (filing and storing all documents and data).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Report-writing skills.
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 301187; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES