Closing Date: 30 April 2015
CSIR Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit positions itself as the strategic Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) partner of state departments and agencies in defence, peace, safety and security, as well as the aerospace-related industry. As such, it develops its people to operate as experts in SET disciplines and to have systems insight and application domain understanding. It contributes to the national need for skilled SET people through programmes with universities and leading laboratories.
The vacation work programme is designed to provide students with experience and understanding of research and development and the implementation thereof in projects. Students will gain in-depth experience and knowledge in this field through exposure to world-class facilities and some of the top minds in radar and electronic protection. The vacation programme is for a June/July.
The unit has a number of vacation work positions for outstanding students in the following domains:
- Mechanical engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Computer engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Computer science
- Bio-Medical engineering
- Social sciences specialising in foresight studies
We are looking for undergraduate and post graduate students on all levels (1st year – Honours) in the above mentioned competencies.
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates must currently be enrolled for the relevant qualification at a South African recognised university
- Minimum academic average of 65%
Applicants must submit the following documentation for their applications to be successful:
- Certified copy of matric certificate NOT matric results
- Certified copy of latest academic record or results
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Copy of CV
How to Apply
Apply for the CSIR Vacation Programme June / July 2015