As a member of our world-class Finance team, if you are determined to attain the highest levels of professional excellence, Cummins can provide you with the career path and extensive development opportunities you need to achieve your goals.
Advancement with Cummins can take many different and rewarding paths. You may move along a path within one functional discipline or progress along a path that provides experience across a range of functions working with cross-functional teams and rotating to different areas of the company in various positions. Based on performance, business needs and personal interest, employees can cross operating companies, business segments and even geographic boundaries as they advance within our companies.
Depending on the department you’re placed at, responsibilities will range between the following:
- Rotate through the various finance functions.
- Compiling reports & meeting agendas
- Coordinating vendors
- Compiling and completing various financial documents
- Processing journals, invoices for payments, creditors reconciliations, foreign payments, purchase orders
- Participating in various projects
- Provide effective administration support to the Finance team.
- In a warehouse environment assist with Scrap and Warehouse reconciliation
- Assist with month end closing
- Assist in preparation of Cummins internal reporting requirements
- Assist with review of process and workflow documentation projects
- Filing and other adhoc responsibilities
- Provide support to internal, external and SOX audit and remediation of control gaps identified on audits
Required skills & knowledge
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand business and technical processes
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key customers in the business and approach every challenge with a customer-centric view.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective team work and multi-tasking skills a must
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in all tasks executed
- Demonstrate the ability to be Dependable, Passionate, Caring, Agile, Decisive & Driven to Win
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Basic financial analysis
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- B-Com Accounting/ Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years’ experience in a position/internship relating to your field of study (preferred)
How to Apply: