Title: IT Intern – Africa
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Purpose of the position
As the intern for the Africa IT team, you will participate in a fast paced IT environment supporting both regional and global projects to introduce common business processes and systems. Rewards of this role include:
- Impact – You will be working with regional and global teams from multiple business units, the IT Global Support organization and external partners to implement process and system improvements.
- Pride & Stability – You’ll join the Cummins Africa organization supporting business entities across Africa
- Career Growth – We recognize and reward highly motivated individuals who develop their skills and use them to perform well on the job. Your success in this role could set you up for a number of advancement opportunities, depending on your interests and strengths
- Working under the guidance of Africa IT Leader and IT team the IT Intern will:
- Learn and develop business analysis, application support and project management skills on small projects or phases of a larger project.
- Document and communicate progress, potential problems and risk mitigation on on-going projects Provide support to applications and infrastructure projects
- Training of end users, cross skilling with other IT team members, as well as understanding the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Engage with key stakeholders across Cummins business
- Attend to business modeling requirements
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested
Cummins standard training for new employees. Working with full time team members the successful candidate will gain significant insight and exposure into to business analysis, application support and project management methodology by being involved in IT infrastructure and application deployment projects. In addition The IT Intern will gain invaluable exposure to delivering IT solutions that meet business needs.
Required skills and experience
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand business and technical processes
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key customers in the business and approach every challenge with a customer-centric view.
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective team work and multi-tasking skills a must
- Exposure SDLC, business analysis, application support or project management a plus
Degree complete or in process preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Certificate in Business Analysis or equivalent
How to Apply