Closing Date: 24 February 2017 at 16H30
The Department of Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries from students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes. The bursary will fund undergraduate studies only.
The bursary is available for a restricted number of outstanding academic performers.
- South African citizenship
- Financially needy
- NB: 2017 Proof of registration at an institution of higher learning
Fields of study
- Archaeology (marine, etc.)
- Archives and records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Conservation and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management
- Heritage resources management
- Museum management and curatorship
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
VALUE OF THE BURSARY
- Maximum up to R 70 000.
- NB : Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning
The following documents must accompany the application: · Certified copy of ID document · Certified copy of the salary statement or affidavit (if not working) of your parents/guardians · Certified copy of grade 12 results · If you were already studying at university in 2016 – latest results / academic record
How to Apply
Application forms can be obtained from the offices of the Department of Arts and Culture, 5th Floor, 481 Kingsley Centre, Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria or online at www.dac.gov.za . Completed application forms together with certified copies of necessary documents should be sent to the:
Department of Arts and Culture
Private Bag X897
Applications can also be hand delivered to:
481 Kingsley Centre 5th Floor Cnr.
Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Street
Enquiries regarding the bursary applications should be sent to Ms Hlulani Ndlovu on Hlulanin@dac.gov.za / 012 441 3476
Please note: should you not receive a response from the Department within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
No late applications will be accepted.