Location: Cape Town
About the Job
We are looking for the person who is best able to fulfill the following job requirements:
The Marketing assistant will be expected to implement and project manage marketing initiatives in line with the Firms’ marketing strategy. In fulfilling this requirement, the candidate will be expected to function as part of the greater Clients and Industries team within the Western Cape including providing support on key proposals and assisting with event management in addition to:
- Implementation of the marketing/project plan and of relevant elements within that plan, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Project management of aspects of firm-wide events targeting key clients of the Firm, as well as client specific events and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assist in developing and implementing thought leadership pieces for the Firm. This involves being able to work with a wide array of people to collate information, ensuring timelines are met, briefing the studio for the final product, PR agency etc.
- Be a brand custodian, thus understanding how to use the brand correctly, keeping abreast of brand updates
- Execute regional marketing and communication requirements.
- Assist with general conference and events administration
- Assist with the development of key proposals for our region
- Handle ad hoc projects
We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications
- Marketing BCom/IMM Degree or similar
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies
- A good understanding of marketing and the role marketing plays within a service orientated organisation
- High standard of both verbal and written English
- Strong research capability
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to plan, follow up and deliver to deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels
You would need to have the following Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly articulate
- Persuasive and diplomatic
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills are key and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to function successfully as part of a geographically spread team
- Ability to make value adding suggestions
- Proactive self-starter and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to see the bigger picture so as to be able to reason with internal clients
- High/positive energy levels and “can do” attitude
- Take responsibility to develop themselves further
How to Apply
Comments are closed.