Title: State Accountant: Accounting
Closing date: 29 April 2013
REFERENCE NR: NC/21/13
CENTRE: REGIONAL OFFICE KIMBERLEY
SALARY: R 170 799.00 – R 201 195.00 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
NOTE: Officials already on salary levels as per advertisement will only be considered if a motivational letter and a letter of recommendation from the Court Manager/Office Manager is attached. If successful the appointment/ transfer will be at own cost.
A Financial related Degree / Diploma or equivalent qualifications. At least one year experience in Financial Accounting / Management environment. A sound knowledge of Public Financial Management Act (PFMA) and National Treasury Regulation. Knowledge of the Department and third Party Funds and service will serve as a recommendation. Experience in Third Part Funds administration at National, Regional or court level. Experience in bank and cashbook reconciliations. Advanced spreadsheet skills (may be tested). Experience on the Justice Deposit Account System (JDAS). Justice Management Information System (JMIS) and advanced spread sheet skills (May be tested). Computer literacy. Communication (Written and verbal) skills. Planning and organizing skills. Ability to work under pressure and be self-motivated. Accurate and attention to details. A valid driver’s license.
MONITORING AND REPORTING OF TPF ACCOUNTS
- Monitor and report to Assistant Director: Finance on TPF Bank Reconciliations submitted per cluster per office
- Verify submission of TPF Monthly Bank Reconciliation for completeness and accuracy
- Compile Regional consolidated reconciliations and report status to the Assistant Director Finance
- Verify / summarize TPF Monthly returns
TPF QUATERLY, INTERIM & ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Prepare all courts within the Province with TPF yearend closure.
- Perform first level of validation to ensure that the age analysis ties up to the lead schedules, which in turn ties up to the pivot of the trial balance.
- Perform second level validation to ensure that the age analysis ties up to the static cases per module (including CDA’s and shortages debtor)
- Perform third level of validation by ensuring that each court manager signs an undertaking that they have checked and validate that they have supporting documentation for all “accounts” on the static cases and that the documentation agrees with what is on the static cases per module.
• Consolidate and validate signed undertakings from court managers.
• Assist with National TPF projects as and when requested
• Provide inputs on improvements on financial systems, processes & procedures
Enquiries: Mr. M. Van Schalkwyk (051) 4071888
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za. Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license. The CV to be completed by all applicants is available on the DOJ website www.justice.gov.za or at any DOJ&CD sub-office and must accompany the Z83 and all other supporting documents required. Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the EE imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) and relevant HR policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions. Kindly note that lower level posts (levels 2 to 5) are internally advertised in the Departments vacancy circular, Djini as per Circular 28 of 2009 and the DPSA vacancy circular.
How to Apply:
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
Postal address: The Regional Head: Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X6106, Kimberley, 8300. OR hand delivers at the New Public Buildings, (Magistrates Court) of Knight and Stead Streets, 7th floor, Kimberley, 8301. Email or faxed applications will not be considered.