Closing Date: 30 September 2015
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in agriculture, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2016 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
|1. B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
2. Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.)
Mathematics and Physical Science 6 (70-79)
|3. B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology
4. B.Sc. Food Science
5. B.Sc. Plant Pathology
6. B.Sc. Agric. Soil Science
7. B.Sc. Agric .Agronomy
8. B.Sc. Genetics
9. B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science
10. B.Sc. Geo-informatics
11. B.Sc. Marine Biology
12. B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology
13. B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture
Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (60-69)
|14. National Diploma: Food Technology
15. National Diploma: Forestry
16. National Diploma: Fisheries Resource Management
17. National Diploma: Marine Science
Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (50-59)
|18. Postgraduate studies (B.Tech, B.Sc. Hons, M.Tech., M.Sc., D.Tech. and PhD) in different agriculture, forestry and fi sheries study fi elds linked to DAFF priority research projects.|
- It is worth noting that certain fi elds of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.): University of Pretoria
- Sc. Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma: Marine Science :
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- National Diploma: Fisheries Resource Management: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.daff.gov.za (Click the following: Food Security and Agrarian Reform Branch then Sector Education and Training and then Careers).
- Successful candidates will be informed from 20 January 2016 after the National Bursary Committee has fi nalised the selection process. If you do not hear from us by the end of January 2016, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certifi ed copies of ID and certifi cates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
The Director: Ms Amanda Shokane
Directorate: Sector Education and Training, Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X250, Pretoria 0001
For further enquiries please contact
Ms Tshilidzi Netshilema: 012 319 7848
Mr Looksharp Makaringi: 012 319 7923
Ms Boitumelo Maleka: 012 319 7024
- The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
- The National Bursary Committee will make use of the Bursary Scheme’s 14-point system to allocate points to shortlisted applicants.
- The Bursary Scheme of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is in fulfi lment of the sector strategic objective of elimination of skewed participation in the agriculture, forestry and fi sheries sectors.
How to Apply