Closing Date: 04 September 2015
Stipend: R75 175 a year depending on the level of qualifications
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries presents exciting opportunities/positions for the unemployed youth through its Experiential Training, Internship, and the Young Professional Development Programme. Successful applicants will undergo on-the-job development training in technical, professional, public service, business and life skills relevant and crucial for them to enter the formal job market. The opportunities/positions presented are categorised as follows:
- Young Professional Development Programme [Ref: YPDP/01/2016]
This category of opportunities calls for young graduates in possession of a requisite bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or fisheries who would like to further their studies at B/Tech, Honours, Masters or Ph.D. levels. Successful candidates will be expected to sign an internship contract with the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. Candidates will be placed with the relevant industry/research institution, will be allocated a mentor and will receive a monthly allowance from the department. Candidates applying for this category must motivate on a separate page (not less than 300 words) why they think they should be considered for this programme and indicate the proposed fields of study for 2016, as well as the institution where they intend to study. Successful candidates will be linked with funded research projects of the department. [20 interns]
- Agri-export Technologists Programme [AETP/02/2016]
This category of opportunities calls for qualified unemployed graduates in possession of a 3-year (minimum) national qualification in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Food Technology or Environmental Health to participate in the Young Agricultural Export Technologists Programme to gain both the practical experience and employment in the perishable products export industry of South Africa. Successful candidates will be p laced with relevant industry organisations under the guidance and leadership of the Perishable Products Export Control Board (PPECB). Candidates applying for this category must motivate on a separate page (not less than 300 words) why they think they should be considered for this programme and will be subjected to further adjudication by the PPECB for final selection. Successful candidates will sign an internship contract with the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and will be entitled to a monthly allowance. Applicants must be entering the internship programme in government for the first time. [25 interns]
- Employment/job seekers
This category of opportunities calls for qualified unemployed graduates in fields of study required by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries. Applicants for this category must be between the ages of 18 and 35. Applicants must apply to a specific directorate in the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries as indicated in the table below. The reference number is indicated next to the directorate in the table below. The period of participation in this category is 12 months and applicants must be entering the internship programme in government for the first time.
- Experiential Training
The candidates applying for this category are those currently registered for undergraduate study programmes in agriculture, forestry and fisheries and are required to do experiential training for them to attain a degree/diploma. Applicants must have a referral letter from the institution of higher learning. Applicants must apply to a specific directorate in the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries using the reference number as indicated in the table below. Specific requirements Applicants for the experiential training and job seekers categories will be allocated in the directorates/functional units listed in the table below and must be entering the internship programme in government for the first time.
How to Apply
Enquiries: Mr P. Maesela: 012 319 7198 or Ms B. Shabalala: 012 319 7136
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Applications must be submitted on Z83 forms, obtainable from any public service department and must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications and identity document and, where possible, applicants should submit copies of their academic transcripts. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. The Department has the right not to make an appointment.
Applications, quoting the relevant reference number, may be posted to URS Response Handling, P O Box 11506, Tierpoort, 0056 or submitted via email: [email protected] or via fax: 086 654 1824 or online: www.ursonline.co.za or deposited in the URS Response Handling boxes (clearly marked Interns / Trainees/ Young Professionals) at any one of the following DAFF offices:
- Pretoria (Head Office): Reception, Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, Pretoria Cape Town: Reception (Ground Floor), Foretrust Building, 3 Martin Hammerschlag Way, Foreshore, Cape Town
- Stellenbosch: Reception (Support Building), Quarantine Station, Polkadraai Road, Stellenbosch
- Pietermaritzburg: Reception (5th Floor), Old Mutual Building, 185 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg
- King Williams Town: Reception (Ground Floor), Old SABC Building, 2 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town
- Nelspruit: Reception (2nd Floor), Permanent Building, 27 Brown Street, Nelspruit
- Makhado: Reception (Ground Floor), Magistrates Building, 103 Landros Street, Makhado
- Mthatha: Reception (3rd Floor), PRD Building, 2 Sutherland Street, Mthatha. Enquiries may be directed to URS Response Handling, tel. 012 811 1900 to verify receipt of your application. Note: People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Closing date: 04 September 2015 If you do not hear from us within eight (8) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. The department has the right not to make an appointment.
Comments are closed.