Closing Date: 12 September 2014
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries presents exciting opportunities/positions for the unemployed youth through its Experiential Training, Internship, and the Young Professional Development Programme. Successful applicants will undergo on-the-job development training in technical, professional, public service, business and life skills relevant and crucial for them to enter the formal job market. The opportunities / positions presented are categorized as follows:
- This category of opportunities calls for young graduates in possession of a requisite bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or fisheries who would like to further their studies at B/Tech, Honours, Masters or Ph.D. levels.
- Successful candidates will be expected to sign an internship contract with the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Candidates will be placed with the relevant industry/research institution, will be allocated a mentor and will receive a monthly allowance from the department.
- Candidates applying for this category must motivate on a separate page (not less than 300 words) why they think they should be considered for this programme and indicate the proposed fields of study for
- 2015, as well as the institution where they intend studying.
- Successful candidates will be linked with funded research projects of the department
- Applicants for this category must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
How to Apply
Forward Z83 Form, CV, certified copies of all qualifications and identity document and, where possible, applicants should submit copies of their academic transcripts to: The Director-General, Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Directorate: Sector Education and Training, Private Bag X250, Pretoria 0001 for attention: Ms A. Shokane.
Enquiries: Mr P. Maesela / Ms B. Shabalala, Tel: (012) 319 7198 / 136
Comments are closed.