INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME FOR 2012/13
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Tourism hereby invites applications for Internship opportunities that exist within the Department.
Applications are invited from unemployed graduates/diplomates residing in the KwaZulu-Natal Province so as to gain practical work experience in the following operations in the Department.
Accordingly, Internships will be offered in the following fields:
- Directorate:Clothing & Textiles
Ref No: C & TI 2
Interns Required: 1
- Directorate: Agribusiness
Ref No: AGR12
- Directorate: Work-Study Service
Ref No: WSS12
- Directorate: Executive Secretarial(Office Administration /HR Manager’s Office)
Ref No: HR0 12
- Directorate: Monitoring and Evaluation
Ref No: M&EI2
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (degree/National Diploma) relevant to the above-mentioned fields.
- Applicants must have been unemployed for a minimum period of at least one year after completion of a tertiary qualification.
- Applicants should be between 18 to 35 years of age
- Applicants must be residents of KwaZulu-Natal.
Notes and instruction to applicants, please read carefully:
- The programme will run for a period of one (1) year (01 April 2012 to 31 March 2013)
- Successful applicant/swill be required to enter into an Internship contract with the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- The Public Service is under no obligation to employ the Intern on completion of the programmes
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend as outlined in the Departmental Internship Policy
- The Department does not promote recycling of Interns, if you have participated in an Internship Programme before please do not apply or you will be disqualified.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Applicants who studied through private colleges/institutions, kindly attached proof of credit points for your qualification from your college/institution
- If you have participated in any form of experiential training, please provide details, such as institution, duties and period .
The application must be in this particular order:
- Completed and signed Z83 form with reference number indicated in the reference column neg ref.M & EI2 (
the form is obtainable from any Public Service Department and is also available from the websitewww.kznded.gov.za).
- Detailed CV, certified copies of Senior Certificate, qualification, statement/credits certificate and ID copy, not copies of certified copies
- Separate application must be provided for each position applied for.
- Failure to abide by the above instructions will disqualify your application.
- Interested candidates should forward their application, with full contact details, to the following address: The Manager, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X9152, Pietermaritzburg 3200, for attention: Ms M Mngoma.
All enquiries must be directed to Mr TC Mchunu on (033) 264-2617.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Should you not have heard from us within 3 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 31 January 2012.
NO: Faxed/-emailed applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 31 January 2012