Location: Cape Town
Start Date: 01 February 2013
We are looking for the next group of vibrant, energetic, eager to learn interns for our 2013 internship programme!!
SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS ONLY
The Services Intern provides supervised general administrative and technical assistance within the Services Engineering function.
This is an entry level job category to the Services Engineering function in Dimension Data. We are looking for graduates with no current work experience, so that we can allow them the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical manner within this internship programme.
Our interns will work with and support the Services Engineers and Senior Services Engineers in general technical functions, including:
- Basic technical troubleshooting to resolve client issues and quesries
- Basic Technical Configuration
- General Administration as required by Company processes
Main Duties/Key Accountabilities:
1. System Support – Interns will be required to assist in resilving quesries on systems according to predefined process. They also assist with Configuration quality checks and configuration creation. When required, they can assist in gathering appropriate data to prepare reports according to predefined templates.
2. Telephonic, Remote and On-site support to clients – Interns will answer general customer questions and provide support for very basic technical queries under the close supervision of the Senior Services Engineer.
3. Behavioural Skills – These individuals need to have a proactive approach, pay attention to detail, are good communicators (verbal and written) and has a service oriented aptitude. They demonstrate a learning orientation and perform self-development. These interns display personal motivation and a positive attitude.
What we offer our Interns at Dimension Data:
- We provide soft-skills training, as well as the means to achieve professional certifications
- Exposure to various Lines of Business within IT
- Work with previous interns to learn about their experiences with DD
- Get to see different clients and work with the latest technologies
- Be a part of this great organisation
What we expect from the interns at Dimension Data:
- Proactive approach
- Able to work within teams
- “Can-do” and general positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Alignment to the Dimension Data values: Client Commitment, Teamwork, Professional Excellence, Partnerships, Proactivity and Multicultural Strength
Requirement: Education and Training
- CCNA or
- A+, N+
- MCSE or
- IT-related qualification and knowledge
If you feel that you meet the requirements and are ready to take on this exciting new challenge, then apply today!!
How to Apply
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- South African ID
- Updated CV
- Final Results Transcript
- Driver’s Licence, where applicable
Important: You must be a South African citizen to apply.