Location: Cape Town
Start Date: Feb 3, 2014
Number of Openings: 10
he Services Intern provides supervised general administrative and technical assistance within the Services Technician function.
The Services Intern is the entry level job category to Services Technician function in Dimension Data. These individuals are often matriculates or graduates with no current work experience and the Intern position allows them an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical manner.
They work with and support the Services Technician and Senior Services Technicians in general technical functions including:
- General Administration
- Basic technical assistance to resolve client queries
They will be required to assist in capturing data on systems according to predefined process. They also assist with data quality checks and data extracts. When required they can prepare reports according to predefined templates.
Provide telephonic, remote and on-site support to clients
They also answer general employee questions and provide support for very basic technical repairs under the close supervision of the Senior Services Technician.
The individual has a proactive approach, pays attention to detail, is a good communicator (verbal and written) and has a service oriented aptitude. They demonstrate a learning orientation and performs self-development. The individual displays personal motivation and a positive attitude.
The Services Intern needs to have a fundamental understanding of business and services processes and technology. The further development of business & technical skills and experience will allow the individual to progress to Services Technician.
What we offer our Interns at Dimension Data:
- We provide soft-skills training, as well as professional certifications
- Exposure to various Lines of Business within IT
- Work with previous interns to learn about their experiences with DD
- Get to see different clients and work with the latest technologies
- Be a part of this great organisation
What we expect from the interns at Dimension Data:
- Proactive approach
- Able to work within teams
- “Can-do” and general positive attitude
- Willing to learn and grow
- Alignment to the Dimension Data values: Client Commitment, Teamwork, Professional Excellence, Partnerships, Proactivity and Multicultural Strength
Requirements: Education, Training
- A+, N+
- IT-Related qualification and knowledge
Please attach the following to your application:
- South African ID
- Updated CV
- Final Results transcript
- Driver’s Licence, if possible
How to Apply
Comments are closed.