CLOSING DATE: 15 AUGUST 2014
As part of its recruitment drive, the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) invites confident and dynamic individuals to participate in a twelve-month Cadet Learnership Programme. The training will include both theoretical (classroom-based) and practical modules on a variety of subjects relevant to the development of a well-rounded South African International Relations Practitioner.
- South African youth graduate (18 – 35 years of age) at the closing date of the advertisement
- South African Citizen
- An appropriate three-year Bachelor’s degree with two (2) or more of the following desired subjects: International Relations, African Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law, International Trade and Investment, Political Economy, Development Studies, Development Economics and/or Foreign Languages
- Proficiency in a foreign language will serve as an advantage
- Valid Code B driver’s licence will serve as an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Information gathering and analytical skills
- Sense of responsibility and initiative
- Client service focus.
How to Apply
Candidates may be subjected to a process of competency assessment. Applications must be submitted via a signed Z83, CV and accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, STATEMENT OF RESULTS and ID document. Should you not comply with this; your application will not be considered.
Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number, to:
Director-General, Department of International Relations and Cooperation, Private Bag x152, Pretoria 0001 OR hand-deliver to:
OR Tambo Building, 460 Soutpansberg Road, Rietondale, 0084
Ms L. Mudau, tel. (012) 351 0645 or Mr S. Skosana, tel. (012) 351 1211.
Applicants will be subjected to a process of security clearance and qualification verification.