Closing Date: 31 October 2014
Discovery is offering the opportunity of a lifetime for 5 of South Africa’s brightest young people to join our long term risk assessment NQF level 4 learnership.
The Learnership programme consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
This learnerships core focus will be on the administration of individual and group insurance and investments underwriting.
Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity initiatives.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING TO THE LEARNERSHIP:
- Please ensure that you apply for only 1 of the Learnerships advertised and that you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Learnership
- Please also have your Matric subjects and symbols on hand as you need to input this information on your application and details of incomplete qualification.
- You must have a valid SA ID
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally to clients
- Resilience & drive – pursues goals despite obstacles
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people
- Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information
- Desire and potential to learn
- Numerical and financial orientation
- Analytical orientation
- Basic computer skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Be South African Citizens;
- Hold a valid Matric with Maths( D symbol) or Maths Lit (Level 5), English (C symbol)and Biology/Life Sciences (Minimum D Symbol); & 2nd language (Minimum D Symbol)
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the English language;
- Possess basic computer skills;
- Have an interest in Insurance in a financial services environment
- Have an incomplete tertiary medical qualification (an advantage
How to Apply
Comments are closed.