Closing Date: 31 January 2014
Drakenstein Municipality in partnership with the Local Government Sectoral Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) is proud to present skills development opportunities for the unemployed youth permanently residing in Drakenstein (Paarl, Wellington, Saron, Gouda, Hermon and Simondium).
Interested applicants who meet the below criteria should apply using the prescribed application form obtainable from the municipality:
- Must be unemployed
- Successfully completed Grade 9 or Std7 or Abet NQF1/L4 with attached proof (where applicable)
- Be a South African Citizen with SA Identity Document
- Age between 18 and 35 years old
- Apply only in one programme / area
- Successful learners engaged in Artisan Development will be granted exposure to Work Integrated Learning in Drakenstein Municipality after signing a legally binding agreement
LEARNING PROGRAMMES TO BE OFFERED
|PROGRAMME||NQF LEVEL||DURATION||STIPEND||ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
|CATEGORY 1: SKILLS PROGRAMMES|
|Drivers Licence (x30)||4||9 months||–||Unemployed Youth Matriculants/ Graduates (18-35) with attached proof and completed application form|
|CATEGORY 2 ARTISAN DEVELOPMENT|
|Electrical Apprentices (x5)||N3||±3years||Yes||Matric (Mathematics & Science) and / or N2 Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)|
|Plumbing (x5)||N1-N3||12 months||Yes||Matric (Mathematics & Science)|
|CATEGORY 3 LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMMES|
|National Certificate in Building and Civil NQF 3 (x20)||3||4 months theory and 6 months Workplace Learning||ü||Grade11/12 Pass resultMaths/ Mathematical Literacy at NQF2 Pass
(Learnership includes Bricklaying / Plastering/ Painting/ Carpentry/Tiling)
How to Apply
All applications must reach Drakenstein Municipality (Human Resources: Training & Development) no later than 31 January 2014 (Tel: 021 8074500).
Comments are closed.