Closing Date: 10 January 2013 at 12:00
Drakenstein Municipality offers bursaries to eligible applicants residing in the jurisdictional area of the Municipality, which includes Paarl; Wellington; Saron, Hermon and Gouda. This initiative is the Municipality’s contribution towards skills development and capacity building in the community.
The bursaries will apply to prospective students based on merit and need in the following learning area fields:
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil)
- Town and Regional Planning
- Financial Management (Auditing. Accounting Municipal Finance]
- Adult Education Training [Diploma/Degree)
- Plumbing, Electrical and Motor Mechanical Studies
- Between the ages of 18-30 years 01d.
- Residence in the Drakenstein Municipal area.
- A recently passed Senior Certificate [Grade 12] or currently in Grade 12.
- Proof of final Grade 12 results or September 2013 Grade 12 results.
- Proof of registration/ admission to tertiary institution.
- Proof of parents total income.
- Learners from the designated Employment Equity groups, particularly woman, Blacks (African, Coloured, and Indian) and Disable persons will have preference.
- Bursaries will not exceed R7000.00 per student
How to Apply
can be obtained from the following centres and contact persons: PAARL Civic Centre: Ms A. Visser, Ms N, Mandla 021-8074510 / 021-807 4503 WELLINGTON Municipal Offices: Ms l. Witsche 021-807 6266
MBEKWENI Library: Ms P. Sijaji 021-868 2759,
SARON Municipal Offices: Mrs G McDonald 023- 240 0525
GOUDA Municipal Offices: Mr T Petersen 023- 232 0020.
Failure to submit completed applications and valid supporting documents will result in automatic disqualification. Submission date for all bursary applications will be Friday, 10 January 2013 at 12:00.
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted.
lf you are not be contacted within a month after submission of application, please consider your bursary application as unsuccessful.