The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) invites students with an ambition to make Government Finance their career to apply for employment as a Trainee Accountant.
Candidates approved for participation will receive:
- A monthly stipend (salary)
- A contribution towards his/her study fees.
- Passed Grade 12 with exemption with at least a C symbol in Accounting or Mathematics on higher grade.
- Enrolled for their first or second year of study towards a three year tertiary qualification in the Finance field with Accounting as a major.
- Applicants must be able to work at the dti campus in Sunnyside, Pretoria, on a full time basis for the duration of their contract.
- Applicants with disabilities and from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- The trainee accountant programme will encompass the following:
- Signing a one year contract, renewable for up to five years, based on successful studies and work related deliverables, which will be evaluated on a quarterly basis.
- On the job training in various aspects of finance which will provide skills in the following areas:-
- Budget preparation and expenditure management
- Supply Chain management, including tenders and travel arrangements
- Revenue management
- Annual financial statements
Applicants must provide certified copies of their Grade 12 certificate, proof of registration at a recognized tertiary institution, results from 1st year of study (if applicable) and identity document.
Failure to provide required documents will DISQUALIFY applicants
Supporting documents can be submitted in the following ways:
- Placed in an envelope with the Reference no TA 2012 clearly written on it and hand delivered to the dti campus in Sunnyside and deposited in the, box provided at Reception in Entirweni Building.
- Scanned and attached to the online application.
- e-mail to [email protected] with a covering page clearly marked with the reference no. TA 2012.
Closing Date: 15 January 2012
No late applications will be considered and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.