Closing Date: 17h00, Tuesday 17 September 2013
The Durban ICC is recruiting 4 individuals to be employed on fixed term contract for a period of 12 months as a Demi Chef de Partie for the complex. The incumbents will be required to provide professional, direct, hands-on approach in the kitchen to insure all food is cooked and presented at the highest standard consistently on a daily basis.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Diploma in Professional cookery or kitchen management
- Knowledge of HACCP and ISO systems
- Extensive knowledge in the cook – chill system
- e Strong written , oral and communication skills in English language
- Work experience at in a large conference Centre
- Must have graduated in the last 24 months
- Strong supervision skills
- Prepared to Work shifts
- Maintaining and complying to HACCP and ISO standards
- Support Chef de Partie in menu planning
- Stock control
- Delivery a 5* service and experience to the client
- Responsible for running and supervising a portion of production
- Be responsible for the operation of a pantry during service
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
Applicants must be able to supervise a crew of Commi chefs to ensure consistent performance and service delivery, have a positive attitude, and be dependable, hard-working individuals who are in good health, able to follow instructions and to communicate in English with internal and external clients. A minimum of two years’ experience in the hospitality industry is required where preference will be given to those individuals with past experience in cooking in large conference and convention facilities. The applicant must be able to work under pressure, be flexible and willing to work flexible hours due to business dynamics.
How to Apply
Applications must reach the Human Resources Liaison Officer, Durban ICC, PO Box 155, Durban 4000 or 45 Bram Fischer Rd, Durban 4001 or email: [email protected]
Applicants who have not been contacted 30 clays after the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful. Applicants with criminal records will not be considered due to the nature of business
Comments are closed.