Closing Date: 02 April 2015
The Eastern Cape Department of Health (ECDOH) is offering 360 internship opportunities for a period of (12 months) to unemployed graduates from Higher Education Institutions, who have completed Degrees or Diplomas, and have not been exposed to Public Service work experience related to the Field of Study that they have completed. This will be a Work Based Structured approach to Experiential Learning related to an occupation with an aim to acquire competencies in the said Fields. Applicants are hereby invited from suitable qualified candidates to apply,
Stipend: R5 000 per month
Duration: One Year (12 Months)
Location: Head Office / Alfred Nzo / Amathole / Cacadu / Chris Hani / Joe Gqabi / NM Metro / OR Tambo / Buffalo City
1. INTEGRATED HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: QUALIFICATIONS Required: REF, NO: HRD 01 / 2015
1.1 Relevant Diploma / Degree in HRM (Ref No: HRD 01 / 01 / 2015): Total Required: x79
1.2 Management of Training (MOT: (Ref No: HRD 02 / 01 / 2015): Total Required: x40
1.3 Employee Wellness: (Ref No: HRD 03 / 01 / 2015): Total Required: x10
1.4 Labour Relations: (Ref No: HRD 04 / 01 / 2015): Total Required: x11
Financial Management: Qualification Required: REF. No: HRD 02 / 2015
2.1 Finance Management: (Ref No: HRD 01 / 02 / 2015): Required: x38
2.2 Cost and Management Accounting: (Ref No: HRD 02 / 02 / 2015); Required: x21
2.3 Relevant B. Com / ND: Internal Auditing Finance Accounting: (Ref No: HRD 03 / 02 / 2015): Required: x24
2.4 ND: Supply Chain Management / Inventory Asset Management / Logistic Management: (Ref No: HRD 06 / 02 / 2015)
2.5 Risk Management: (Ref No: HRD 07 / 02 / 2015): Head Office Only
OTHER FIELD OF STUDIES: QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: (REF. No: HRD 03 / 2015)
3.1 Public Admin / Office Management / Data Analyst; M&E (Ref. No: HRD 01 / 03 / 2015)
3.2 Degree / in LLB: (Ref. No: HRD 03 / 03 / 2015): Head Office / Cacadu / NM Metro
3.3 Diploma / Degree in Office Admin / Secretarial: (Ref. No: HRD 04 / 03 / 2015)
3.4 Diploma / Degree in Information Technology: (Ref. No: HRD 05 / 03 / 2015)
3.5 ND: DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT: (Ref No: HRD 06 / 03 / 2015): Required: x10
3.6 information Management Systems (IMS) (Ref No: HRD 07 / 03 / 2015): Required: x 10
3.7 Disaster Management: (Ref No: HRD 08 / 03 / 2015): Required: x10
3.8 Communications / Media / Journalism / Graphic Design: (Ref No: HRD 09 / 03 / 2015): Head Office Only
3.9 Public Relations: (Ref No: HRD 10 / 03 / 2015): Head Office Only
3.10 ND: Consumer Science; Food & Nutrition: (Ref No, HRD 11 / 03 / 2015): Frere Hospital: 3 and Cecilia Makhiwane Hospital Only
- Applicants who have already participated in any Government Internships Programme will not be considered and if it is found that this was the case after appointment, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect
- The EC Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of Race, Gender and Disability
- Applications must be submitted on a signed 283 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive and certified copies of qualifications, academic record and identity document. Failure to provide required documents will disqualify applicants
- Applicant must clearly indicate the reference number on the Form.
- Separate applications should be submitted for each study field of interest
- Unless indicated otherwise, the Internship Opportunities are based in Districts and SubDistrict Offices; Hospital Complexes; Regional Hospitals; Health Facilities and in Head Office (Bhisho)
- It is the applicants responsibility to have the qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualities Authority (SAOA) as qualifications will be submitted for verification
- Communication / correspondence will be limited to short candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 2 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- No late applications will be considered
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form (Z.83) obtainable from any Public Service Department or http://www.echealth.gov.za/uploads/files/110706122520/ and must be completed in full accompanied by certified copies of Identity. Document, Drivers license and formal Qualifications together with recent comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, stating the reference number and the post applied for and forwarded to the address below.
No faxed or e-mailed applications or late applications will be considered and the certifying stamp must not be older than 3 months.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference checking, security screening and vetting. Proof of experience on original letter heads must accompany your application where experience is called for in the advert. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Reference checking will be conducted for all shortlisted applicants and therefore CVs should include 3 contactable referees (work related).
The department reserves the right not to appoint to any / all advertised posts.
ALL applications must be forwarded as follows:
HEAD office Posts (BISHO AND EMS Posts) Attention: Recruitment and Selection Section, Private Bag X0038, Independence Avenue, Bisho, 5605 or hand delivered to room 102, first floor, Dukumbana Building, Independence Avenue.
KOMANI PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL POSTS
Attention: The Human Resource Management Office, Private Bag X7074, Queenstown, 5320 or hand delivered to Komani Psychiatric Hospital, Queenstown
Alfred Nzo DISTRICT OFFICE POSTS
Attention: The Human Resource Management Office, Private Bag X3515, Kokstad, 4700
Please forward all internship applications, quoting the relevant Reference Number and the District Name / Area to: The Superintendent-General; Eastern Cape Department of Health; CD: HRD-Section: Learnerships and Internships, writing the Address where you wish to undertake Internship for attention of a Contact Person in a District where you apply (download contact list).
No faxed or emailed applications will be considered.
ALL INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS TO BE FORWARDED TO THE RELEVANT DISTRICT / FACILITIES, AS FOLLOWS:
Comments are closed.