Closing Date: 30 November 2018
The Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform invites applications from learners with Grade 12 at High School level or have completed Matric / Grade 12 with any subject combination that includes Mathematics and Physical Science, who are interested to study in any field listed below/ Learners currently studying any of the courses mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)
- BSc Vet Technologist
- BSC Agricultural Engineering
- BSc Agricultural Economics
- BSc Agriculture (Entomology)
- BSc Bioresource Engineering
- Applicants must be South African citizens. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged youth who are Eastern Cape residents.
- Applicants must provide proof of admission/ provisional admission to a tertiary institution, an affidavit on family financial status and a copy of the parent/ guardian’s identity document. They must also indicate whether they are sponsored by another agency.
- Applicants should be prepared to work/ serve the Eastern Cape Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform as part of their contractual obligation.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- No faxed or emailed applications will be considered
- Applications are available at the nearest offices of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform and Departmental website (www.drdar.gov.za)
- Youth with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- The recruitment is targeting the cohort for 2019 academic year
How to Apply
Applications should be posted to:
The Manager: Human Resource Development Department of Rural Development & Agrarian Reform
Private Bag x 0040,
Bhisho, 5605 or
Hand delivered to: Room 1083, 1st Floor, Tyamzashe Building, Bhisho
Enquiries: Ms L. Mqedazwe/ Mr M. Nzimande (040) 602 5220/2/3
No faxed applications will be considered
Should you not receive a response from the Department within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.