Closing DAte: 14 September 2017
Salary: R1 815 monthly for the duration of Learnership Agreement
The Western Cape Government – Department of Transport & Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing within the Eden region and municipality areas to apply for the following Trade Learnership training opportunities in the Construction Industry.
- Applicants must enjoy good health and be prepared to undergo a medical and substance abuse examination
- Applicants have to participate in an interview, numeracy, literacy and interest testing before the final selection will be made
- Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the training process
- Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites within the Western Cape Province
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership/Commitment Agreement on acceptance
- Training entails: Theoretical and institutional practical at FET College; work on a building site; apply health and safety regulations; maintenance of work areas and undertake administrative tasks
- Applicants must be a South African resident
Minimum requirements: – Grade 10 or TVET equivalent with Mathematics Literacy as a passed subject is required for Plant Operation Learnership. You must be in possession of a EC1 (Code10) Drivers Licence
- Grade 10 or TVET equivalent with Mathematics Literacy as a passed subject is required for Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Ventilation Learnership
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 34 years
How to Apply
Download Application Form (182.63KB)
Applicants must clearly indicate the learnership being applied for and the reference number. Applications must include a CV (4 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Highest School Certificate and EC1 Drivers Licence. Only fully completed application forms with required documentation will be considered for this training opportunity.
Enquires: Ms Tosca van der Hoven – 044 805 8700
Applications must be posted to: Learnership Phase 10, Department of Transport & Public Works, Skills Development Unit,
Private Bag 9078, Cape Town, 8000.
Apply Online for the Eden Municipality: Construction Learnership Programme 2018