Closing Date: 01 November 2013
What will I be doing?
You will deepen the awareness of our brands in the eyes of our consumers and strengthen organisational and product understanding. You’ll use this level of insight to help develop our products’ personalities and bring them to life. That could mean working on the launch of a new fragrance or undertaking research on the latest trends in Celebrity, Designer and Lifestyle Fragrances. The experience that our interns gain during their time with Elizabeth Arden makes them highly employable in Marketing and Sales functions. Marketing interns work on exciting projects such as new product launches and the management of existing brands and campaigns. Interns will have the opportunity to walk through the complete process from start to finish, starting with launch briefing through to implementation. Interns have worked closely
with above the line, PR and digital agencies in ensuring the success of projects and tasks.
What we Expect
- To be actively pursuing a Marketing or related degree or qualification.
- Experience in academic marketing projects either through previous internships or required academic deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (through campus activities, extracurricular involvement or other work experience).
- Foundational knowledge in key core Marketing competencies: Planning, communication, market research, and decision analytics.
- To be organized and detail-oriented.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to communicate across different functions, influencing a range of both senior and junior stakeholders.
- Eagerness to learn about retail and beauty.
- Enthusiasm and great attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must.
What will the programme involve?
Over 6-12 months you will work across the following areas in Marketing:
- You will complete a placement working with our brand management teams
- During your brand placement you will get exposure to commercial marketing
- You will get hands-on exposure to Customer Management (Sales), working in the field to build appreciation for how our sales and merchandising teams bring our products to life on shelf. You will work closely with the Trade Marketing, Training and Events Teams to understand and oversee the full 360 degree marketing process during new product launches
- This is a multi disciplinary environment, and interns get a broad understanding of the business and how different business units fit together. This is a extraordinary opportunity to develop a broad range of marketing skills and apply those skills within the FMCG/Retail sector.
How To Apply
Recruitment is currently taking place across South Africa. The position will however be based in Cape Town and will commence in January 2014. Interns will be expected to commit to either a 6 or 12 months programme. Interns will receive a subsistence allowance during their internship.
Please submit your CV with letter of motivation and the completed application form to:
The closing date for applications is 12h00 on Friday 1 November 2013. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before 29 November 2013 and invited to a telephonic interview with the HR department. The top candidates will be asked to attend a panel interview and conduct a presentation to the panel.