Location: Durban Refinery
Reporting To: Refinery Maintenance Training Specialist
Number of Positions: 24
Closing Date: 14 December 2012
Offering a great Learnership opportunity to hardworking candidates with a basic understanding of Engen and refinery processes and products, Safety in industry and the Environment. If you are a team player with the relevant knowledge and good written & verbal communication skills then you are an ideal candidate. The Learnerships offer training in Fitting, Electrical, Instrumentation or Welding NQF Level 2
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Health Safety & Environment awareness
- Process Plant & Equipment Maintenance
- Engage in own training and personal development
- Performs plant and equipment maintenance, shutdown and turnaround activities.
- Routine Maintenance of Refinery Equipment
- Breakdown repairs to Refinery equipment.
- Acquire valid relevant certificate of competencies of training received.
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations / legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts
- Exhibits understanding of company business.
- Effective written and verbal communication etiquette between individuals, area teams, refinery and customers.
- Work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives
Education & Experience
- Matric certificate with a pass in Mathematics & Physical Science
- Must be under 24 years of age
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence will be an added advantage
- An N2 in the selected trade would be an added advantage
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Working safely in a hazardous environment.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Basic refinery economics and business knowledge
- An interest in maintenance type activities
- Work indoor and outdoor at all weather conditions.
- Require fitness and strength to climb up ladders, staircase and platform through various operating equipment from different levels and areas.
- Responding and handling emergencies.
How to Apply
The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
- If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.