Please Note: If no email address has been specified below, use the contact details contained within the job advert. And DON’T use the comments form to apply. READ the advert for instructions.
Engineering (39 Posts),• 5 YEAR CONTRACT • REF: GT/10/11
Applications are invited for the above positions stationed in the Engineering and Scientific
Services, and Operations Divisions in both Ulwandle and Izintaba Regions of Umgeni Water.
Umgeni Water will provide the recent graduates with experiential training that will result
in the development of their technical knowledge, leading to their registration as professional engineers, scientists and technologists with the respective professional bodies.
On completion of the training programme trainees will be required to apply the knowledge and skills learned
To Municipalities in KwaZulu Natal and/or Tambo District Municipality as identified by Umgeni Water and National Treasury.
Trainees will be trained by Umgeni Water for the duration of the contract and will also be deployed to the identified Municipalities on completion of the training.
Successful applicants will be expected to sign a contract compelling them to be deployed to the identified municipality for the number of years they have spent on training, failing which they would have to repay all expenses incurred during thetraining.
Engineers & Scientists: B.Eng. in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering. Technologists and Technicians: B.Tech. and National Diploma Civil/Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering. Scientists: B.Sc.Honours (Chemistry or Microbiology).
An unendorsed Code 08/EBdriver’s licence is a requirement.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
We are looking for a results-driven person, a team player who is customer focused
- ‘ has knowledge of engineering principles and has an ability to apply this knowledge
- ‘ has an ability to communicate well at all levels
- ‘has an ability to plan and organize workloads effectively to enhance performance.
- During the training, Interns will be expected to successfully demonstrate all proficiencies as determined by ECSA &SACNASP for the graduate development programme in their respective disciplines.
- Scientist Interns will undergo training to satisfy the minimum
- Requirements for professional registration as a Natural Scientist as governed by SACNASP.
- First preference will be given to applicants who are permanent residents of the identified
- The programme is restricted to South African citizens.
- Appointment will also be made in the context of Employment Equity.
- Short-listed applicants may be subjected to competency assessment/ or security clearance
- and will be required to produce original certificates.
Interested persons are requested to fax an application letter, together with their CV’s and certified copies of qualifications and proof of residence to: 086 242 9680.
The closing date for applications will be:
If you do not receive a reply within four (4) weeks of the closing date, please consider your