Closing Date: 06 April 2012
Group Technology is offering an opportunity to newly qualified graduates to pursue a career in the Power Generation Industry to large Turbo Generator plant ranging up to 1000 MW. On successful completion of an extensive experiential training programme (18 to 36 months) the successful candidate will take full engineering responsibility as an Technologist/Engineer/Senior Technician for the onsite engineering aspects related to planning and execution of outages and routine maintenance on Eskom Power Plants.
- B.Tech/BSc/BEng Mechanical Engineering
Skills and Competencies
- Willing attitude with a desire to learn
- Hands on ability
- A passion for Thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and maintenance engineering
- High level of computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects and CAD
- Effective English communication skills at levels of the organisation
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills
- Execute outages on turbo generator sets responsible for the technical aspects
- Oversee staff and manage technical work on Turbo generators
- Turbine maintenance assessments
- Fault finding and problem solving on Turbo generator systems
- Incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Develop scopes of work for Turbo generator sets and Turbo generator components
- The incumbent will be based at various sites and could be relocated at Eskom’s discretion as per business requirements
- The incumbent may be required to travel nationally and internationally based on business requirements
If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Note that the appointment of the candidate is at Eskom’s sole discretion, taking into account factors that Eskom considers relevant including but not limited to Eskom’s employment equity policy. Eskom supports a smoke-free environment
HR Shared Services/HR at your fingertips
Please register to load your information if you have not applied for vacancies before or Login to apply if you have registered previously.
Note: After registration you will receive confirmation of registration, please use the login details provided to apply for suitable positions after which you will receive a reference number to confirm your application.
Position: Mechanical Engineers in Training x 15
Position/Task Grade: L10
Area of specialisation: Engineering
Department: Eskom Academy of Learning
Business Unit: Plant Engineering
Location: Sunninghill, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Reference Number: 329-707843
Please contact Shared Services on 011 800 2311 should you experience any problems.