CLOSING DATE : 12 June 2015
ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY –SKILLS DEVELOPMENT UNIT WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME 2015 / 2016
The eThekwini Municipality is offering work experie nce opportunities for the 2015 / 2016 financial yeari n various Units.
Applications are invited from the candidates who HAVE COMPLETED A QUALIFICATION on a National Certificate; 3 year National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree ;Btech / Postgraduate diplom a / Honour’s degree / Master’s degree in the following study fields:
|Accounting / Finance / Statistics ND / Degree: Accounting / Auditing / Internal auditing / Maths and Statistics [x56]|
|Administration / Management ND / Degree: Office Management / Public Administration / Public Management & Technology [x100]|
|Inter Governmental Relation / International relations ND / Degree: International Relations [x01]|
|Environmental S tudies ND / Degree: Environmental Management / Environmental Education / Environmental science, Horticulturalist, Nature Conservation, [x45]|
|Life ScienceND / Degree: Microbiology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Ecology. [x03]|
|Engineering ND / Degree: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Process instrumentation [x07]|
|Library Management ND / Degree: Library and Information Science [x10]|
|Human Resources ND / Degree: Human Resource Management , Master s degree in industrial Psychology [x11]|
|Information Technology ND / Degree: Information Technology [x10]|
|Public Relation s ND / Degree: Public R elation s [x01]|
|MarketingND / Degree: Marketing [x01]|
|LawDegree : LLB / Language Interpretation / Forensic Investigation [x01]|
|Video Technology ND / Degree: Video Technology [x01]|
|Town Planning ND / Degree: Town and Regional Planning [x01]|
|BuildingND / Degree: Building and Quantity survey [x01]|
|TransportND / Degree: Transport / Logistics / Maritime [x02]|
|Risk Management ND / Degree: Risk Management [x01]|
|Graphic Design ND / Degree: Graphic Design , Web Design [x01]|
|Project Management Post Graduate Certificate / Diploma in Project Management [x06]|
|Health NC / ND / Degree: Enrolled Nursing [x80]|
|TourismND / Degree: Eco – tourism [x02]|
|Supply Chain Management ND / Degree : Supply chain [x03]|
|Social DevelopmentDegree : Social Science, Development Studies including Masters degree in development studies [x05]|
|CommunicationsND / Degree: Journalism [x01]|
|Energy efficiency NC / ND / Degree : Industrial energy efficiency [x07]|
|Health and safety ND / Degree : Occupational Health and Safety / Environ mental Health [x02]|
|ArchitectureDegree: Architecture [x01]|
|LandscapingND : Landscaping / Florists [x04]|
|Artisans :Fitter and Turner, Carpenters, Plumbers, Bricklayers [x49]|
|Sport ND / Degree: Sport Management [x01]|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
The work experience learners will receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- R1, 480.00 per month for a qualification less than 2 years;
- R2, 400.00 per month for a two year qualification
- R3, 000.00 per month for a 3 year qualification (National Dip loma, Degree)
- R3, 500.00 per month for a 4 year qualification (Post graduate Diploma,Btech, Honours)
- R4, 500.00 per month for a Masters Degree.
- People who have already participated / benefited in G overnment or the private sector Work Experience / Int ernship / In-service Programme for a period of 12 months and above will not be considered.
- Applicants must be in possession of a recognized qu alification(s)
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applications must be submitted through on-line appl ication system found at- www.durban.gov.za and click on eCareers . Applicants are advised that fax, e-mails, manual and late applicati ons will not be accepted.
- Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be cont acted. Should you not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Employment Equity Principles will be applicable in the recruitment process, to redress the imbalances i n work experience placement experienced by designated groups, to ensure their eq uitable representation in all categories. People with disabilities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by following the under mentioned registration process:
Step 1: Log onto www.durban.gov.za , click on e-Careers
Step 2: Create a User Profile by clicking on Register
Step 3: Once your profile has been created on the system, you will receive an email confirming that you have successfully registered. This email will contain yo ur Username and Password which can be used to access e-Careers
Step 4: Once logged in, you may complete and submit your a pplication
Step 5: Ensure that all fields populated
Step 6: Once you have submitted an application, an email a cknowledging your application will be sent to your inbox so ensure you have a valid e-mail address
ENQUIRIES : Nompumelelo Phakathi / Phindile Tshabangu Tel: 031 311 3192