Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 4 July 2013
Reporting to the Transfers Manager your key performance areas will include:
- Understand the wiring of transfer equipment, including that of connecting external drives and tape equipment to various equipment including Apple Mac
- Make sure the material conforms to Broadcast standards
- Ensure that the programmes required for broadcast are transferred / ingested and a QAR performed as per schedule given by Transfers Manager
- Make sure that all timings and other relevant info is correct as per ingest forms.
- Responsible for the technical quality of all transfers material in line with e.tv broadcast specifications
- Prepare Non TX reports
- Report any technical problems including problems with transfer/Ingest material or Foreign Masters to the Transfers Manager
- Understanding of ingest and Digital systems
- Knowledge of FCP (cutting ,transcoding, laying projects to tape etc)
- Experience or knowledge of working in a broadcast environment
- Entry level technical knowledge of broadcast standards, specifications, equipment and post production
- Competency in the use of broadcast systems an advantage.
- Understanding of the broadcasting environment, language of television and role players
- Easily adapt to change and training requirements.
- Computer literate: MS Word and Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot, take direction and work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility of decisions made
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours
- Willingness to work shifts according to a shift roster
- Able to work without supervision
- Ability to work in a team
- Own transport
- Good hearing and eyesight
Note: Training will be provided
How to Apply
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application together with a detailed CV to [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.
Comments are closed.