Location: Durban Bureau
Closing Date: 16 May 2012
Intern – ENG Camera Operator (Durban Bureau)
key performance areas include:
- record audio and video material to be edited and packaged into a news insert for broadcast.
- plan and develop the visual presentation of a story with a reporter assigned to the news story.
- apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements, making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour balance.
- cover news events by shooting sequences with continuity for editing purposes.
- use correct lighting and sound recording techniques to comply with broadcast standards.
- edit video and audio for a news insert, out on location.
- transmit video and audio material from out on location back to the studio or to the bureaus, as instructed.
- A minimum of 2 years study completed and requiring “on the job” training.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- A good general knowledge.
The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends and public holiday, and standby shifts.
This is a contract position only.
How to Apply?
If you possess the required criteria and qualifications, please send a letter of motivation with a detailed CV to [email protected]
Note: Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email application.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response 14 days after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.