CLOSING DATE: 03 December 2014
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This trainee position will give the candidate the ideal opportunity to gain experience as an Engineer – in – Training within a corporate manufacturing environment. The program will last between 18 – 24 months of on – the – job training inclusive of soft skills training within the company. This will be a limited duration fixed term contract.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
(This is not an exhaustive list of functions to be carried out).
The trainee program will consists out of the following areas of exposure:
- Engineering exposure: Application and exposure within field of study .
- Operational Exposure: Day – to – day running and activities within the division .
- Ability to apply relevant theory practically in any given context .
- Dynamic, energetic and committed individual .
- Computer literate .
- Leadership skills and display potential to develop into a leadership role .
- Networking skills and excellent interpersonal skills .
- Business awareness and orientation within our operational environment .
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) English .
- Analytical and problem solving skills .
- Ability to deliver tasks in a timely manner against deadlines .
- Common sense approach and ability to work on own .
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership and responsibility .
- Willingness to learn .
- Project management skills .
- No experience required as this will be a trainee position and on – the – job training will be provided. Should you have some experience already within the engineering field that will be advantageous.
- Completed BSc or BEng degree in the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering (x4)
- Electrical Engineering (x4)
- Metallurgical Engineering (x1)
- All subjects to be passed with a good academic average .
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory medical report from the company’s medical station ( Red ticket).
- Must be prepared to work additional hours when required .
- Highly energetic and motivated .
- Presentable .
ABILITY T EST/ASSESSMENT
- Applicants may be subjected to an Occupational Personality Questionnaire before being considered for an appointment.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Should the applicant be successful, the incumbent will be reasonably accommodated depending on the inherent requirements of the job.
All applicants are thanked f or their interest; however correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates.
How to Apply
- That the applicable application form is fully completed and attached with your CV.
- That the reference number of this advertisement is quoted on your application form.
- That recently certified copies of all the qualifications referred to on your application form, are submitted.
- Please submit a certified copy of your identity document.
- Please Download the Experiential Learning Application Form
Facsimile number: 086 649 7505