Closing Date: 30 April 2013
Exxaro offers bursaries only to candidates currently in GR 12 (or to recently matriculated candidates) who will commence with first year studies in the next academic year.
The selection process occurs annually with the support of the Exxaro Community Development Practitioners at all Exxaro Business Units.
BURSARIES WILL BE AWARDED TO STUDY COURSES ALIGNED WITH OUR BUSINESS NEED:
a) B Eng/BSc Degree in
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
b) Diploma / B Tech at University of Johannesburg in
- Mining Surveying
WHAT THE BURSARY OFFER:
- The comprehensive bursary will cover tuition & book fees, and allowances for residence & meals.
- Practical work for bursary holders as prescribed by the institution of study.
- Professional-in Training programme after completion of studies.
- Exciting career prospects.
Eng / BSc Degree courses
A minimum level 6 for Maths & Science, English minimum Level 5
A minimum level 5 for Maths, Science & English
- Current Gr. 12 learners will be evaluated on their Gr. 11 final results.
- Recently matriculated applicants will be evaluated based on Gr.12 final results.
- Applicants should apply for one discipline only.
- Applicants should be in compliance with the minimum entry requirements as prescribed by the relevant universities.
- Bursary opportunities are only available to South African Citizens.
- Nominated applicants will need to go through a selection process (Including psychometric assessment & medical examination).
- Successful candidates should be willing to be placed at any of the operations of Exxaro on completion of studies (Bursars only).
How to Apply
- Complete an Exxaro application form.
- Attach your latest final, official school result and a certified copy of your ID.
- Provide these documents to an Exxaro representative at the Exxaro Business Unit nearest to you. (See contacts below)
EXXARO CREATES MORE OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE BSc 4 YEAR PROGRAMME
If you’ve recently passed or are busy with your Grade 12 and you’re from a historically disadvantaged background, the Exxaro BSc 4 year programme is for you.
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE EXXARO BSc 4 YEAR PROGRAMME
- The programme is hosted by the University of Pretoria from January to November each year.
- The development programme can help to prepare the student to compete on merit for a bursary.
- Thus, after successful completion of the first year of this programme, candidates may be considered for an Exxaro Bursary to study a degree or diploma course.
This all inclusive sponsorship for one year (1) covers tuition, book, accommodation, meals fees and contributes towards miscellaneous expenses.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR THE EXXARO BSc 4 YEAR PROGRAMME?
The same general requirements as for bursaries, but with exception of
- Grade 12 Maths , Science & English (minimum Level 4)
- University Endorsement (UP Bsc 4 Year Programme only)
Comments are closed.