Closing Date: 27 June 2014
Our Fairmont Leadership Development Program offers an opportunity to be placed into a Supervisor or Assistant Manager level position for a period of 12 to 18 months and participants will have the opportunity to rotate through a division to gain in depth knowledge of the area they have chosen to specialize in. We offer opportunities within the following areas of specialization: Rooms, Food & Beverage and Human Resources.
- Degree / Diploma in Hotel or Tourism Management related programs an asset
All applicants must be permanent residents of South Africa and thus eligible to work here.
Throughout the program, Graduate Program Participants are responsible for the following:
- Comprehension of structure, roles and responsibilities within the departments the participant is specializing
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental operating standards and daily operational requirements
- Demonstrated competency in creating departmental schedules, managing payroll reporting and forecasting
- Understand Company performance management procedures and how to apply these effectively in the hotel including
- Ability to effectively conduct employee performance reviews and employee disciplinary discussions
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated in Highly motivated and guest driven with the ability to solve problems and to make timely guest service decisions
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions/projects while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Computer skills – Word, Excel and MS Office software required, Property Manager an asset
How to Apply
Apply for the Fairmount Hotels & Resorts Graduate Programme