CLOSING DATE: 07 FEBRUARY 2014
- Highest education (Grade12).
- South African Identity Document.
- Computer literacy.
- Age must be between 18-35 years
- A valid driving license minimum of Code B
- Proof of no Criminal Conviction (SAP69i Clearance)
- Medical Certiﬁcate proof that the applicant may do strenuous exercise
- Proof of residence within the Big 5 Five False Bay Municipality Jurisdiction
Roles & Responsibilities
- Performs activities / tasks associated with maintaining law, order safety and security through the application of the laid down policing and protection procedures.
- Attending to processes aimed at ensuring compliance with laws, by-laws and regulations in order to ensure any action or situation threatening safety is identiﬁed and promptly attended to.
- Attending to trafﬁc bottlenecks caused through accidents, breakdown or peak hour congestion.
- Patrolling and observing the streets and suburban areas and identifying with non-conﬁrming practices.
- Enforces speciﬁc by-laws, road trafﬁc and safety regulations.
- Recording the statements of witnesses and offenders and / or completing details of trafﬁc offences / contraventions prior to issuing the ﬁnes.
- Updating the occurrence book inserting details of incidents and activities attended to.
- Completing procedural documentation (vehicle log sheets, time sheets, statements, inspection check lists, etc.) inserting the appropriate details.
- Monthly submission reports to the Law enforcement Safety and Security Practitioner.
The Municipal will facilitate training of successful candidates at the relevant Traffic Training College.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED AND INTERVIEWED FOR THE SAME POSITION AS IT WAS ADVERTISED LATER LAST YEAR SHOULD RE- APPLY.
How to Apply
Application letter together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications, and certified copies of drivers licence should be addressed and submitted to:
The Corporate Services Section, Big 5 False Bay Municipality, P. O. Box 89, Hluhluwe, 3960 or be hand delivered to the Receptionist at Big 5 False Bay Municipality at 163 Zebra street, Library Building, Hluhluwe on/or before the closing date.
Enquiries can be directed to the Director Corporate Services, Mr. MA Mngadi or HR Manager, Mr BN Ngwane on 035- 562 0040 during office working hours.
Late, faxed and emailed applications will not be considered. Please note that due to high volume of applications that we anticipate to receive, correspondence will be limited only to shortlisted candidates. Big 5 False Bay Municipality subscribes to an affirmative action programme that is non-racist, non-sexist, non- discriminatory and based on merit. The Council reserves the right not to make an appointment. Should you not be contacted within a period of thirty (30) days from the closing date, your application should be deemed to have been unsuccessful.
NB: Selection and appointment will be based on ward quota therefore applicants are urged to specify the ward for which they are applying.