Location: Midrand, Johanneburg
Closing Date: 31 July 2013
Update: This internship has closed.
Remuneration: R 6500 per month after tax
Duration of the Programme: August 2013 to March 2014
Database /Data Warehouse Administrator and Data Mining (Internship) at the Financial and Fiscal Commission
- keeping data and databases up to date;
- helping with database design and development;
- ensuring that databases meet user requirements;
- liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff;
- writing reports, documentation and operating manuals;
- testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably;
- providing user training, support and feedback;
- analyzing data from different perspectives and summarizing it into useful information and finding correlations or patterns among relational databases
- Assist users to analyze data from many different dimensions or angles
- Extract, transform, and load transaction data onto the data warehouse system.
- Store and manage the data in a multidimensional database system.
- Provide data access to business analysts and information technology professionals.
- Analyze the data by application software.
- Present the data in a useful format, such as a graph or table.
This role can involve working to tight deadlines and when necessary, long hours.
Qualifications and training required
Any honours degree in operational research, mathematics, electronics, computer science/studies or software/computer engineering a postgraduate computing/IT qualification will be beneficial.
Operating system: SQL and Business objects
Key skills Requirements
Candidates must be patient, meticulous and logical in their work and capable of prioritising tasks. Good problem solving, analytical, administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills are also important.
Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software and structure) is essential. Technical expertise and previous computer industry work experience is often necessary.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.